Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of this module, participants will be able to:
· Define innovation management in terms of five competencies (Idea, Market, Portfolio, Platform and Project management).
· Understand how to link the five competencies together into a cohesive, end-to-end system for producing winning products and services.
· Build a strong case for the evaluation of an innovation concept based on market understanding;
· Understand the role of creativity and aesthetics in innovation management.
In order to achieve the threshold standard for the award of credits for this module, the student must meet the following criteria related to the learning outcomes described above:
· Demonstration of the ability to define innovation within real, tangible settings.
· Exhibit an understanding of the fundamental concepts of innovation.
Teaching and Learning Strategy and Methods
The teaching and learning strategy is designed to ensure that the above criteria are met within a context that is reflective and situated in practice.
The teaching and learning methods include:
· 18 hours of in class experience based around fundamental concepts and examples.
· A further 18 hours of specific classes and sessions concerned with unique aspects and examples.
· Personal study.