Strain energy methods in linear elastic systems
· The concept of strain energy: axial loading, torsion, bending.
· The method of real work, the method of virtual work: deflections of beams and trusses.
· Castigliano’s theorems: statically indeterminate structures.
Buckling of slender columns
· Euler buckling, slenderness ratio.
· Stress-strain relation for elastic ideal-plastic material. Plastic bending of beams, shape factor, limit load.
Kinematics of Rigid Bodies
· Kinematics of Linkages and Mechanisms
· Slider-crank Mechanism
· Four-bar linkage Mechanism
Kinetics of Rigid Bodies
· Force and acceleration - Linkages and Mechanisms
· Method of Work and Energy
Balancing of machines
· Balancing of rotating masses
· Static and dynamic balance
Systems with two degrees of freedom
· Equation of motion
· Un-damped free vibration
· Torsional two degrees of freedom system